Wednesday, September 07, 2016

READING CHALLENGE | R.I.P. XI

A long time ago, when I used to blog more frequently, I joined reading challenges. I did it for fun, and it was fun to be connected somehow through other book geeks around the world. Then I stopped blogging. I stopped reading even.

I'm back reading again, though I don't write as much as I used to.

I was reminded today of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI. From September 1st, 2016 to October 31st, 2016, to read books in any of these categories:

Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Gothic
Horror
Dark Fantasy

I can do that, right? So I shall attempt to read at least 2 books from the genres mentioned. For my reading list, I choose:

  • The Obelisk Gate, by N.K. Jemisin, since I just started on that. It is so good, but I'm afraid to continue with the story, because it seems to be leading up to something bad between two of the characters.
  • The Stress of Her Regard, by Tim Powers. There's Byron, Keats, Shelley - and some evil stalking them. I had the book for years, but I still have not started on it.
  • The House of Shattered Wings, by Aliette de Bodard - fin-de-siècle Paris, with magic, angels and deaths. Sounds cool, right?

Let us just have fun with it, right?

No comments: