Friday, August 22, 2008

FRIDAY FILL-INS #86



1. Dancing to the Strictly Ballroom soundtrack while singing makes me glad there's no one recording this.

2. The last time I ended a relationship I nearly fell to pieces.

3. When I drive I will be breaking the law.

4. I saw someone I care about standing up to a bully of a boss.

5. Give me patience, give me strength, give me peace of mind.

6. Next week I am looking forward to packing my life into cardboard boxes.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to reading The Idiot, tomorrow my plans include watching the Olympics Women Handball Finals and Sunday, I want to watch the band Pixies on DVD!

5 comments:

serene said...

I *love* the Strictly Ballroom soundtrack! Well, I *love* Strictly Ballroom to begin with so... :)

darkorpheus said...

Serene - Ah, yes. but Ms Foo apparently can't imagine moi dancing to the soundtrack. Or me dancing at all. :)

But I love that film. I prefer it to Moulin Rouge and Romeo & Juliet.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the Strictly Ballroom soundtrack but I have the DVD and watch it fairly regularly. It so perfectly captures the often surreal world of ballroom dancing.

darkorpheus said...

Stefanie - Ah, yes yes yes! Every time I watch the DVD I end up dancing too! Which is why nobody must EVER enter the room with a video-camera!

And I like it that they give the ballroom dancers these poofy hair. :)

Janet said...

I break the law every time I drive, my bad! Thanks for playing :)