Friday, October 19, 2007

YOGA | Missing the Anusara Invocation

Since my Anusara teacher left the studio, I've missed chanting the Anusara Invocation at the beginning of each class. A friend burnt a CD for me recently, of musical renditions of the Anusara Invocation. Music and chants has the power to set a mood, and prepare the mind for what is to come. I have downloaded the chants onto my mpeg player. It's something to listen to on the way to work.


The Anusara Invocation

Om Namah Shivaya Gurave
Saccidananda Murtaye
Nishprapanchaya Shantaya
Niralambaya Tejase
Om

Translation:

I offer myself to Lord Shiva, the Auspicious One, who is the True Teacher within and without,
Who assumes the forms of Reality, Consciousness, and Bliss,
Who is never absent and is full of peace,
Independent in existence, the vital essence of Illumination.
Aum

4 comments:

Doc Martian said...

heard this yet?
http://www.amazon.com/Om-Namah-Shivay-Nina-Hagen/dp/B00006LEWA

its one of my favorites.

cheers!
Doc

darkorpheus said...

Thanks. But don't mind me asking ; who's Nina Hagen?

Doc Martian said...

heh. you know you wanna google her!

she's the german version of siouxsie sioux. harder edged though. babbles in tongues occasionally. lots of hindu cultural motifs. kaliesque with bondage gear.

ufo stuff too.

http://www.beepworld.de/members77/ninahagendas/

cheers!
Doc

Anonymous said...

could you mailme a copy of those chants? I´ve been looking, but havent found any. Or do you know where to look for it?

cmotherus@hotmail.com