Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ex Libris Hosts Russian Reading Challenge 2008

In 2008, Ex Libris will be hosting a 12 month reading challenge of all things Russian - novels, short stories, biographies, history, poetry - by Russian authors or by authors about Russia.

Challenge begins January 1, 2008 and ends December 31st, 2008.

From the host:

This challenge has a lot of flexibility. Although it runs for 12 months (beginning January 1, 2008 and ending December 31, 2008), participants are only required to read 4 books. These books can be fiction (novels, short stories), non-fiction (history, biographies, etc.), or poetry. I felt that many Russian novels are of considerable length, so this allows participants to take more than 1 month to read a book if they wish. Or if you are overwhelmed with challenges, then this allows you to participate without adding too much of a burden.

I just matter to be drawing up my personal reading challenge for A Year of Russian Readings 2008. Since the two coincide, I thought it would be nice to sign up. Always encouraging to have someone reading with you, isn't it? Reading list to follow -- closer to the date.

If you're interested, please either email her, or leave a comment here or on the Russian Reading Challenge blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing this out. I just had to join and now I can't wait for January to start!

darkorpheus said...

You're welcome. I had to sign up the moment I saw it too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so into this one. Gosh I'll have to wait until 08? :)

darkorpheus said...

Matt Yeah! I know I'll have trouble getting my fingers off the new War and Peace translation until 2008.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile you can enjoy that wonderful haul of books. I highly recommend Edmund White. The Married Man is a favorite that I re-read once in a while.

darkorpheus said...

Matt I knew I had to buy that copy of Edmund White when I saw it. Thanks.