Friday, March 02, 2007

World Literature Tour | New Zealand

Ah, finally. The Guardian was running a series on World Literature on their book blog last year. Then one day, it just fizzled out. They are finally back, with a new destination in mind.

Join the Guardian's World Literature Tour: New Zealand by contributing your choice of the New Zealand literature to read.

Some titles & authors that I've noted down:

Katherine Mansfield - I've scheduled her collection of short stories for this year
Keri Hulme's The Bone People - I wanted to read this book for the longest time
Janet Frame - I've heard a bit about her, especially Owls Do Cry
Witi Ihimaera - I've only watched The Whale Rider, but I enjoyed the film

1 comment:

jenclair said...

The Bone People will leave a lasting effect. Don't want to say much more about it, but do read it. I read it at least 10 years ago, and I can still remember many scenes quite clearly.