Saturday, January 28, 2006

LIST: Favourite Things That Aren't Books

Came across this, and started thinking of my own list.

Favourite Things That Aren't Books

  1. Yoga
    - To think I almost skipped my first yoga class because my ex was in the studio
  2. Hamsters + Puppies + Kittens
    - Small, furry four-legged things. I never understand fish as pets. Fish has no fur and you can't pet them very much.
  3. Heavy silver rings and pendants of Egyptian designs
    - I take to silver. But for some reason I hate gold.
  4. Fountain Pens
    - I spend too much time staring at them. The nice lady at Elephant and Coral recognises me because I go there too often. And she still remembers the Pelikan I bought from her 4 years ago.
  5. Pretty notebooks and journals
    - er - not really, books?
  6. Lapis Lazuli
    - The brilliant blue captivates me.
  7. Sculptures in wood, stone and clay
    - I like the idea of bringing form to raw material.
  8. The Sound of Fountain Pen Writing On Good Paper
    - Listen closely. It's beautiful.
  9. Silence
    - Not enough of it.

No comments: